Tuesday 30 October 2007

Other things

So the other things that I've forgotten to mention that have happened over the last few days are these.....
Saturday, whilst the boys and dd1 were all in the shop, Julie , dd2 and I headed back to the house, so dd2 could run riot for a while. Whilst there Julie, the brave woman that she is, attempted to show me how to crochet and do you know what, I think I may vaguely have it! not that I've had chance to do it since mind. I was up till 10.30 last night doing the accounts, followed by dd1's school application. Still it's a start, I may have to go and find a lighter ball of wool than the one I was using though (kidnapped from ss's room, his dark blue ball of wool from his knitting that he keeps starting and giving up on) .......
dd2 on the other hand, had other ideas about me going to bed last night. I'd nearly finished dd1's online school application, when, mummmmmmyyyyyyyy eminated from dd2's room, followed by her in person at my side (11pmish)
I put dd2 back into bed. Thus ensues 15 mins or so of us messing around, me putting her into bed, her getting out. So eventually I say, right that's it your back in your cot if you do it again. Dd2 says no, and settles for 5 mins, then gets out again.....I put her in cot, retire to her screaming....dd2 then re appears at my side in 2mins flat. Hurumph, I guess I can get rid of the cot then........eventually she settled when I sat with my back to her for 10 mins, slowly edging out of the door, sigh, we're at that age now!

1 comment:

Apryl said...

I haven;t a cle how to crochet I do have a hook somewhere. But I think I will stick with knitting for now as I'm still learning how to knit. H beign a bit of a bigger this afternoon. but all is well here in Idaho see you in a week and a half or so.