So I guess I should start by telling you I'm not going to stick any blackbirds in a pie, certainly not 4 or even 20 of the cute little things and especially not because I have an ickle biddy baby one toddling around the back garden as I type. I spotted him this am. The border looked odd, kind of ruffled, so I took a look out of the upstairs window and there he was, with mum and dad, hopping around looking out for him taking him food, bless. He should be fine, as he's shuffled into the budlia tree base, which is in range of the cat scarer. Wonder if the birds picked our garden to learn to fly in because of that?
Now this is where the Lemons come into it!
Have made yummy Lemon Trickle/Drizzle Cake :-)
4oz Caster Sugar
3 Lemons (or in my case 1 lemon and some lemon essence)
8oz Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
50g Icing Sugar
Oven Gas 4 or 180 0C
I Chucked the lot in the blender, bar the icing sugar and and the lemons. But I'll tell you what your really supposed to do with them
Heat oven! Get a load tin and grease it.
1. Cream butter and sugar until light n fluffy, gradually add eggs, beat well between each one. Stir in 2 teaspoons of lemon rind.
2. Sift flour and salt together, add to mixture and fold in gently
3. Stick in tin, level surface
4. Cook for approx 1 hr, test with skewer, when this is clean take cake out of oven, leave in tin.
5. In separate saucepan, heat 50g icing sugar with juice of 3 lemons (I used 1 and had previously bunged in lemon essence as an extra into the cake) whilst it melts skewer your cake approx 12 times all over the top. When its melted, pour over the cake (which is still in its tin right!) and allow to absorb. Once its fully cooled, put in an air tight container and it'll keep for 5 days or so, but I bet you eat it first!
So that's been my day really. Oh I did get our new tent today too, quick pick up from shop, it can stay bagged until I need to fathom it on Friday. I did also manage to squeeze in a trip to a friends for a cuppa and a borrow of her drum!! and a trip to twisting tots, so all in all busy day.
PS: No aches from the Aqua Aerobics last night!! for those that want to know?