Thursday 3 April 2008

Cake, I nearly forgot

Dd2 and I made Cake yesterday and I nearly forgot to tell you.

Due to an excess of spotty bananas we rattled up a banana cake, we even took some to Meridian and her ds to cheer her up, as her boy is poorly......she liked it, although it was rather funny, as she was about to do the same and as you will see from her blog did, except she made muffins.

Our Banana Cake Recipe

3 x Bananas (add more if you have them)
325g plain flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Bicarb of Soda
200g of Sugar
65g Milk (any you have, though not sure skimmed is as good)
3 eggs
1 x lemon plus grated rind
1 tsp vanilla essence/flavouring

Grease your cake tin (any will do)
Mush Bananas
Chuck everything but the flour into a bowl
Mix it up
then add flour and fold in

Put into tin, put in oven at 180 degrees for 40mins.
Voila Banana Cake.

Eat with honey, Meridians Honey Butter, Maple syrup or a good Coffee ( I suppose Early Grey wouldn't go amiss either)

2 comments:

RichT said...

I try to avoid Meridians blog, it always make me feel the need to go buy and eat cake, still she does do exceedingly good cakes (and jewelry).

Apryl said...

it was lovely cake.. and very funny that you made cake jsut before we were making muffins.. the curse of black bananas!

thank you Richard I shall take that as a compliment!