Wednesday 4 April 2007

Washerwoman/Seamstress

Well I can honestly say these have been a blur of washing and mending!
? I hear you ask, what on earth are you on about?
I've been brave and tackled the LRP Crew kit in the garage....(LRP = Live Role Play if ya don't already know) see link to our website once again! www.shardslrp.com
So after 3 weeks, yes it's taken me that long! with 4/5 washes per day going through our poor, battered, old washing machine. I can now say, its done!! the kit is
a) Clean
b) Mended to the best of my ability, although a few items still have the odd in-character tear in them, the majority now have sleeves back on, collars in the right place, backs and sides sewn up again! Still have a feeling there's probably a few buttons could be replaced, but that can be an on site thing, as an when items are needed.

So now I guess that all of that is done, it's time to tackle the house again.........I feel the dust mites are enjoying themselves too much, yuk, yuk, yuk, just thinking about it. Where's the hoover!

But not so fast! oh no, as we have an event this weekend, and I'm not quite done yet with work 'issues'.

I still have pouches to make (3 down, minimum 3 to go) and flyers for the next event to write.

In the meantime I sound like I have a herd of elephants over my head. This is due to the Easter holidays, so SS and dd1 are currently bashing about in his room, this is possibly disasterous, as they could we'll be trying to find various 'dressing up items' which ss may well have forgotten, he has thrown out! (wasn't me, honest guv, no really, honest it wasn't, not for once!) They were jumping around in blankets earlier, pretending to be caterpillers, bless. Dd2 in the meantime is 'reading' a book to herself, awwwwwww. Gran is visiting today, so hurrah, should be able to catch up on myself quite well.

Not much to update on my stalker at the mo, she's gone quiet for now, just waves at me as I sail by in the car with a bunch of kids in tow, maybe mass ammount of kids has scared her off? even Domino's managed to deliver on time at the weekend, all seems to be going too swimmingly, if you see what I mean?

So what else have I been upto, not much I can tell ya!
Oh we (dh and I) did drag ourselves off to Poole for the weekend for our anniversary. This was a much welcome break from the kids, although a little odd whilst we got the lay of the land. It seemed when we got there that no one was out of an evening, must have passed a total of 3 cars on the way in to town and our hotel, very odd for a friday night we thought? on saturday things seemed a bit busier, and by the time we'd walked the half mile into town, we went in the back of the shopping centre and came out in the middle of town, thronging with people, great we thought, but then we noticed a distinct lack of places to enjoy the evening.........so we thought stuff it, grabbed the car (after a bit of retail therapy, 1 x dress, 1 x new trainers, hurrah water was leaking in my old ones, 2 x new tops) and we went exploring.

We drove round to Swanage for a quick look, as I vaguely remembered going here once as a kid, it was blowing a gale, so we went back inland a bit.....dh wanted to look round Corfe Castle, I was happy looking at it from the road, seen one, seen 'em all point of view! why climb a hill when you don't have to eh? Was told this wasn't in the sprit of things, but lucky for me, the castle was on winter hours and was shutting soon anyway, hurrah. So back to poole and the search for nightlife.

Lets go to the cinema and see Hot Fuzz (we have had several abortive attempts at this, due to cinemas in Derby being full on Orange Wednesdays) So after a drive round, we found where everyone was hiding, one of those out of town entertainment sites!! Cinema, TGI Fridays, Nandos, Frankey n Bennies, etc etc, all in one big out of town lot. This meant only one of us could drink, so neither did, we saved oursleves for the delights of the Brewers Fayre attached to the hotel.......ahem........still we did get to see the movie at last, GREAT!! just in case you've not been, but I think the whole world has by now.

Anyway must go, pouches to sew, will try and update this more often, might one day do my writing career some good!!

1 comment:

Flame said...

lmao - Corfe Castle is lovely! Love the excitement at finding Tower Park :D